I love anything that allows me to have more protein in my diet, but still allows me to feel like I’m having a treat.
This recipe is the best of both worlds! One may even say it’s guilt free at less then 100 calories per muffin. They are amazing oatmeal muffins, with 10 grams of protein to help get the day started or if you need a quick snack. You can adjust the amount of protein to your liking and they can be made with any type of fruit. My personal favorite is strawberries.
- 2 ½ cups of Bob Red Mill’s Old Fashioned rolled oats (Gluten Free)
- 1-cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ of Trivia sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1-½ cups of fresh strawberries (or the fruit of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (use your favorite type whether its whey, rice, soy or egg)
The Creation of Protein Strawberry Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with foil liners. The muffins are really moist and require a stronger liner.
- Place all the ingredients, except the Strawberries, in a blender or food processor. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Then stir in the strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (I’ve found that gluten free baked goods take a little longer then non gluten free baked goods).
- Take out and enjoy!