Egg rolls are thought to be difficult to make, especially if they need to be made GF. Before I became GF I was an adventurous cooker, who enjoyed the challenge of making my favorite dishes from restaurants at home. This was great when I was living in Alaska; all of my favorite things I longed for were something that I strove to make.
I have taste for replicating sauces, which gave me a great advantage; however Pinterest was really my god sent. Look at it like discovering a whole new world, a culture playground for your taste buds. So I set out to make Chinese food and it worked. After playing with recipes for three years of have GF egg roll recipe that taste no different than if I bought it at my favorite Chinese place. This is what it produced:
- 3 Tablespoon of GF soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons of sweet and sour sauce
- 2 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 3 diced radish
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- Rice paper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice up the radishes (you can add more radishes if desired)
- Mince the garlic and onions. Then place them in a pan with the butter. Let the onions and garlic sweat on low.
- Mix the sauce by combine sweat & sour sauce, Dijon mustard, soy sauce and sesame seed oil in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the radishes and the coleslaw mix.
- Pour sauce over the radish and coleslaw mix and combine.
- Place the mixed in the pan with the garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat.
- Take a shallow dish and fill it with water. Then place the rice paper in water, so it can bend without cracking. This takes about 15 seconds per sheet.
- Place the rice paper on a solid surface and put 2-3 tablespoons of the vegetable mixed in the center.
- Then fold the rice paper like a burrito, both ends fold in on the short end and then tuck the long end nearest over and roll.
- Repeat this process till the mixed is gone.
- Taking out a baking sheet spray it with Pam and place finished egg rolls on it. Cook in the over for 15 minutes. Then broil the egg rolls until golden brown.