Summer has always meant cook outs, BBQ and pool parties. People bring and eating food, while making lasting memories. I can still remember the smells and sounds of those parties when I was a kid. My dad would put the light house flag out, symbolizing the pool was open for the day. Neighbors would drift over with beer and side dishes to enjoy throughout the day. One dish that always made an appearance was Pasta Salad. I love pasta salad and am disappointed when I can’t have any at one of these summer time parties. Since I was having people over to swim this weekend, I decided it would be a sin if I didn’t make this dish. This pasta was amazing, it didn’t become crunchy after it cooled and was really addicting to eat.
- Gluten free pasta from Costco
- 1 bottle Light Greek salad dressing
- ½ a cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 1 small container of feta cheese
The Creation of the Pasta Salad:
- Put a pot of water on for the pasta and don’t forget to salt the water.
- When the water starts to boil add pasta. Stir immediately after adding the pasta so that it does not stick together.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta in a strainer.
- Let the pasta cool down leaving a little water in the bowl so the pasta doesn’t stick together.
- Cut up the onion and the cucumber.
- When the pasta has cooled down, combine all the ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂