I enjoy Korean BBQ, unfortunately being a wheatless wanderer has made this food a no no. Every dish is smothered in soy sauce or thickened with flour. A couple of friends came over on Sunday for dinner and I thought I would strut my kitchen moves with this amazing recipe. What ensued next is some of the best ribs I’ve ever made, a real crowd stopped for anyone looking to throw a dinner party..
- 3 racks of ribs
- ½ a cup of soy sauce divided
- 3 green onions
- ½ grated white onion
- 4 teaspoons sesame seed oil divided
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
The Creations of Korean Kalbi Ribs:
- A couple of hours before the meal mix ¼ cup of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of sesame seed oil and 1 clove of garlic. Pour over the rib and marinate them for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Generously season the meat on both sides.
- Wrap ribs in tinfoil and bake in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients together, except for the green onions, for the sauce.
- After the 90 minutes have elapsed, pull the ribs out of the oven. Carefully open the tinfoil (make sure to stand back so the steam does not burn you). Spread ¾ of the sauce over the ribs.
- Turn the oven to hi-broil. With the foil still open return to oven for 5 minutes, or until the top of the ribs are caramelized.
- Cut green onions.
- Pull out of the oven and pour the rest of the sauce over the ribs.
- Cut the ribs into pieces and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!