Who doesn’t love Mac & Cheese? It’s everything we crave in a comfort food, salty, rich, sweet and a bit tangy garnished with a green onion. It’s the perfect way to indulge yourself after a long day at work or a cold rainy night. This is one of things that I longed for when I became gluten-free and over that time I have honed my mac and cheese skills to bring you this mouth waterin’ treat.
- Green Onion
- Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Garlic Havarti
- Pepper Jack
- 1 box of gluten free pasta
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce of your choosing
- corn starch
The Creation of The Mouth Waterin’ Mac & Cheese
- Shred all three blocks of cheese. Feel free to pick whatever cheese is your favorite. I picked these cheeses because they all brought a flavor to the table, whether it be sharp and biting or the slight burn the pepper jack adds, they all fit together.
- Boil water for pasta. Make sure to add salt to the water for seasoning
- in a sauce pan add milk, butter and cream. Let come to a boil. Add salt and pepper to season the sauce.
- Next add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and stir until the mixed thickens.
- Put the pasta in the water once it starts boiling. Stir the pasta immediately after adding to the water.
- Slowly add the cheese to the mixed, stirring continuously.
- Add in the hot sauce while continuing to stir.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente and drain the water out with a strainer.
- Add pasta to the Cheese sauce to finished cooking in it. This is also known as dressing your pasta.
- Throw the green onions over the top of the pasta and enjoy 🙂