This time of you brings beautiful colors and sumptuous smells. The nip in the air beckons you out into a cornfield and warms yours soul with apple cider at the end. You lust over your friends pumpkin donuts and sigh knowing that there is little alternative out there.
But this recipe can give you back pumpkin donuts. I have long suspected that these yummy treats would make the perfect first attempt at gluten free donuts. The best part is they are moist, amazing, head turning, delicious donuts that can be made in less than an hour. I hope you enjoy these all pumpkin season long!
- ½ cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin purée (I prefer Libby’s Pumpkin)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons of flour (I recommend Pamela’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup fin sugar
The Creation of the Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, salt and baking powder together in a stand mixer.
- Add in the flour and mix until smooth.
- Place in a doughnut pan. I used Ziplock baggies. Just cut the ends off to create your very own piping bags.
- Cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- During that time combine fine sugar and cinnamon in a bag to make cinnamon sugar.
- When the donuts are still warm but not fragile place them in the bag to coat them with cinnamon sugar.
- Repeat steps 4-8 until done.