Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
Nothing screams the holidays like pumpkin pie. So here is the best gluten-free pie I have ever made. There is no need to apologize for a flavorless, dry crust or a runny filling because this pie can hold its own. I used the recipe for The Best Gluten Free Pie Crust Ever I posted earlier this year.
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 2 1/2 Cups of Pamela’s All-Purpose Artisan Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of butter or about 2 sticks cut into pieces
- 3/4-1 cup of cold water
- Decorating sugar
The Creation of the Gluten Free Dough:
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and butter. I used my hands to mash up the mixture under the butter was evenly distributed throughout in small balls.
- Once the mixture is combined, slowly add the water using a spatula. Add more water if the dough is still crumbly or having trouble coming together.
- Use your hands to mold the dough into a ball and divided the dough in half. Make the dough into a disk and cover it with plastic wrap. Repeat the last step with the second ball of dough.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to roll out the dough DO NOT let the dough come to room temperature. This is a very buttery dough, making it more difficult to roll out the warmer it gets.
- Once the dough is rolled and filling is made or poured, add the decorating sugar to the top for flare.
- Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Then, remove pie from oven and let cool.
Ingredients of the Pie Filling:
- Pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
Creation of the Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Combine pumpkin pie filling, eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice together.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust.
- Place the pie in the oven for 60 minutes or until the pie no longer jiggles.