Day 4: Gluten-Free Swedish Gingerbread (Pepparkakor) Cookies
Every year, I ask the people I love what their favorite Christmas cookie are. My mother loves Italian lemon cookies (see the s-cookie recipe), my father loves yummy bars, which are more brownie than a cookie. My wonderful boyfriend loves Swedish gingerbread cookie. So a few years ago I set out on a mission to make the best Swedish gingerbread cookies. These are a favorite with my friends and family. They have the prefect bite of spice and hit of sweet. Your friends and family will be in love with these.
Ingredients of the Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 6 Tablespoons Dansukker Mörksirap (dark molasses)
- 1 egg
- 3 1/4 cup Pamela’s Baking flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground cloves
The Creation of the cookie
- Preheat the oven 350º
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixture until smooth.
- Combine molasses, milk and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Combine the sugar and butter mixture with the flour mixture. Mix ingredients until fulling combine.
- Refrigerate dough at least an hour until chilled. Then roll out and cut with your favorite shapes
- Bake for 7-10 minutes depending or until they reach the desired level of crispyness.
Cool 2 minutes.Then transfer cookies to a cooling rack. The decorate with royal icing. You can either buy it or make it. Add festive colors with food coloring and let everyonw go crazy with their decorations. These cookies can be frozen to enjoy later.