Day 5: Gluten-Free Waffles
It’s the weekend before Christmas. The family has come in. Your crazy aunts, uncles, grandparents, inlaws, cousins and anyone else that shows up are standing around your kitchen. You need to make something to keep everyone full and happy before dragging them out shopping. Here is the fix, the best gluten-free waffles. It will keep everyone full and happy for a long day of last minute shopping, cookie baking, caroling and present wrapping day. They are great to impress a crowd, but can be made on any weekend during the rest of the year.
Ingredients of the Waffle:
- 1 3/4 cups Pamela’s Gluten-Free Baking flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
Creation of the Waffles:
- Heat the waffle iron, while you prepare the batter
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat the milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Let sit five minutes to proof or let all the amazing flavours develope.
- Pour in enough batter to cover about 2/3 of the surface (the rest will spread once you close the top). Most waffle irons have a light that goes on and off, signaling the waffles are ready.