Day 6: Today is the first day of Hanukkah, so I thought I would whip up something to celebrate that start of this wonderful holiday. Growing up I was introduced to latkes and fell in love with them. What’s better than fried potatoes mixed with different spices? So here’s a gluten-free recipe that will help you to celebrate the festival of lights, with all the trappings. These are truly sinful latkes with bacon, cheese and a fried egg. Please feel free to switch out anything that you would not eat together.
Ingredients of the Sinful Latkes:
- 4 shredded potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Pamela’s baking flour
- 2 scallions chopped up
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 onion
- Sliced cheddar and Colby jack cheese (optional)
- Apple Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Bacon (turkey or pork or whatever you would like)
- Chopped Scallions for serving
Creation of the Sinful Latkes:
- Combine potatoes, onion, garlic, eggs, flour, scallions and season with salt & pepper.
- Then add flour to help bind the batter together.
- Fry batter in batches until golden brown.
- Once the latkes are done, place a piece of cheese on top to melt. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a pan. Chop the bacon in half and set aside.
- Chop up scallions and chives to place on top of the cheese.
- Fry the egg or eggs if you are having more than one sinful combination. Once the egg is cooked to your liking, place it on top of the cheese.
- Put a spoonful of applesauce and sour cream on top of the egg.
- Garnish with two pieces of bacon, chives and scallions.
- Enjoy the sinful, lush taste!