Day 9: I’m sorry this entry is late. I was being Santa’s little helper yesterday and was unable to post. However, I wanted to bring back a recipe that is my Dad’s favorite during this time of year.
It is a family tradition that not a Christmas passes without yummy bars being made and quickly eaten. Mostly by my dad, but everyone who stops by gets in on the action. If you’re trying to be healthy, be advised to stop reading right now. Or be prepared to spend some serious time on the treadmill before the New Years parties right around the corner. It’s the holidays, after all, so maybe put the diet on hold till the first of the year and celebrate the festival of food. Below is a sinful brownie recipe that will have you begging for it all year round.
Ingredients of the Yummy Bar
- 1 family sized Gluten Free brownie mix (4 cup is what I prefer)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (gluten free graham crackers can be found at various location including Wal-mart)
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cream or milk (to lighten it up)
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 squares baking chocolate
The Creation of the Yummy Bar