So what’s every kids’ favorite cookie? Sugar cookies of course! This recipe is sure to be a hit will all the kiddos in your life, young and old alike. If you want something fun to do, make the dough and let the kids go to town with the cookie cutters. Make the icing ahead of time in sandwich bags. When the time comes, cut a tiny hole in the corner and let the decorating began. As always, the holidays are about family, fun and making memories.
Ingredients of the Sugar Cookie Bottom:
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup Pamela’s Gluten-Free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
Creation of the Sugar cookie bottom
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a stand mixer cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
Add the egg yolk and mix until evenly combined or light yellow in color.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Beating until the dough forms a ball.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill. If the dough is too warm the cookies will spread while baking.
- Dust the surface you are going to use to roll out the dough in flour.
- Roll the dough our and cut into shapes. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cook completely before frosting.
Ingredients of the Royal Icing
- 2 egg white
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3 cups of powdered sugar.
Creation of the Royal Icing
- Combine egg whites, lemon juice and powdered sugar together.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container. The icing will harden when exposed to air.