As the holidays draws closer, everyone is running around getting gifts, making their food list and checking it twice. Between the hustle and bustle, you may forget about the all important holiday morning breakfast. Gluten free cinnamon rolls can be made ahead of time and frozen making a holiday morning less hectic. These cinnamon rolls can be frozen up to 6 weeks, great for any special occasion or holiday. This is a treat young and old will enjoy.
If you enjoy this recipe please like and share
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Rolls:
- 1 package of yeast
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of scalding almond milk
- 1/3 cup of butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 3-1/2 cups of Pamela’s Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
The Creation of the Cinnamon Rolls
- In a bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix sugar, salt, melted butter and egg.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until completely combined.
- Add yeast mixture to the medium bowl. Mix in remaining flour.
- Heat and add in the scalding milk.
- Lightly flour the counter top. Knead dough for 5-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and let it rise for 1-1/2 hours or until it doubles. Place it in a warm place to help it rise better.
- When the dough doubles, punch the dough down. Lightly flour the countertop.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Roll out the dough to a 15×9 rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, butter, pecans, 1 tablespoon of molasses and cinnamon.
- Spread it over the dough.
- Roll the dough up into a log, starting at the 15-inch side. Pinch the ends to seal in all the yummy goodness.
- Cut into 12-15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of molasses and butter.Place the cinnamon rolls and let rise for another 45 minute or until the dough doubled.
- Since I am freezing these to have during the busy Christmas week, bake in the oven for 10-15 or until about half cooked. To freeze cover in two layers of plastic wrap and one layer of tinfoil. Place the cinnamon rolls the in freezer.
- If you would like to eat them now, bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven
- Mix powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of molasses, vanilla and milk until combined.
If you enjoy this recipe please like and share!