Christmas Eve is one week away. Time to start buttoning up the menus and shopping for a week full of family and fun. Everyone is starting to get into the spirit and Christmas is in full swing. I made these tasty appetizers last year for Christmas Eve, they were a complete hit. Its the best of both world, antipasto without having to touch a fork. You can prep them the night before and serve when guests start arriving. Everyone loves a fun finger food during this time of year.
Ingredients for Antipasto Skewers:
- 1 lb mozzarella balls
- 2 package of gluten-free gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 stick genoa salami, sliced and halved
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
The Creation of the Antipasto Skewers:
- Make gnocchi using the directions on the package.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix until everything is well coated. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours, if possible, overnight to help develop the most flavor.
- On a bamboo skewer, add the marinated mozzarella, gnocchi, salami, and the tomatoes in whatever order you’d like.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until 20 minutes before serving, then bring to room temperature.