Happy Friday! This dish is great to make ahead of time, freeze and serve later. This is ideal if there are lots of people coming into town and you just want an easy meal. It’s also great anytime during the year that you’re looking for a quick and easy meal if you are into food prep. Please enjoy all the cheesy goodness that this recipe offers.
Ingredients for the Cheesy Mac and Cheese:
- 3 cloves garlic
- butter-flavored cooking spray, for coating the casserole dish
- Kosher salt
- 16 ounces gluten-free elbow pasta (I prefer Barella)
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces shredded cheese blend (Cheddar blend but add whatever is your favorite)
- 1-1/3 cups sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Pamela’s Gluten-Free all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 8 ounces shredded cheese blend (Mexican)
The Creation of The Cheesy Mac and Cheese Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Coat a 13×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a pot add water and salt. Bring the pot to a boil.
- Add the pasta until al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander.
- For the sauce: In the large bowl combine garlic, heavy cream, cheese, sour cream, gluten-free flour, pepper, scallions, eggs, and cooked pasta. Stir to combine. Pour into the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the crushed chips and cheese and sprinkle over the dish until covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.