This is the lead up to a very special dessert, however, I feel that each cake deserves its own spotlight. You going to have till Christmas Eve to find out what I have been cooking up. Just know that it is the IT dessert to have this year. I have never seen it done gluten-free, so I’m taking a gamble that this will impress everyone. Come back every day to see if you can guess what I’m cooking up. It is sure to be a real treat if I can pull it off.
Ingredients Brown Sugar Cake:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-2/3 cups Pamela’s Gluten-Free flour
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
Creation of the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves out into one small prep bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat, whisking the butter as it browns.
- When the butter browns, remove it from the heat and add in the spices and mix together.
- Pour the spiced butter out into a shallow dish and stick it in the freezer to re-solidify.
- Once the butter is re-solidify, remove from the freezer and bring to room temperature.
- Coat 2 9″ pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Cream together brown sugar and brown butter until it is a light brown.
- Add in vegetable oil
- Then, add each egg one at a time until combined.
- Next alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, until completely combined.
- Pour into two 9″ pans and bake for 35-38 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, before flipping it upside down and removing it from the pan.