So have you figured out what I’m cooking up for Christmas Eve? Well here’s another clue: chocolate cake! That’s right we now have two cakes involved. I can’t wait for you to try this yummy chocolatey cake. Here’s a hint:
- 2 cups Pamela’s gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Creation of theChocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray two 9-inch cake pans with non-stick spray.
- Add gluten-free flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and temper the mixture by adding a small amount of boiling water. Tempering will bring the mixture to a similar temperature as the water, preventing the eggs from scrambling. Once tempered, add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Removed from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Allow it to cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.