Looking for the perfect weekend brunch fix? Look no further than this breakfast sandwich.It has everything one needs to take on the hangover from the night before or to prepare you for a relaxing day ahead. Pair it with a blood mary or some orange juice to mix up your morning routine.
I created this sandwich the day after new years, most of Chicago was hung over, relieved and nervous to ring in 2017. I was inspired by what remained in my refrigerator and the need to have solid food. This sandwich was born of that morning.
If you’re looking for something healthy try switching out ingredients to fit your need for the day.
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces of your favorite cheese ( I used Munster)
- 1/4 onion diced
- Gluten-Free Canyon Bread
- 6 pieces Leftover ham or ham from the deli
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of vinegar
- 1/2 an apple
- 1 glove of garlic
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of stone ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
The Creation of the Gluten-Free Hangover Sandwich:
Cooking the eggs:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cupcake pan with Pam. Crack one egg into each hole and season the eggs with pepper and salt. Bake the eggs in the oven for 15 minutes.
The rest of the sandwich:
- While the eggs are baking in the oven, dice the onions, garlic, and apples.
- In a pan add the butter; sautee the onions, garlic, and apples with apple cider vinegar until translucent.
- Combine remaining apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, and hot sauce.
- Remove the onions, garlic, and apples from pan.
- Toast the bread to your desired crispiness. Then place a piece of cheese on half of bread and allow to melt.
- Remove the bread from the pan and eggs from the oven. Add the sauce to the other half of the bread Stack the sandwich as you see fit.
- I stacked it: Bread, cheese, ham, egg, sauteed and bread with sauce!
- And don’t forget to enjoy!