In the spirit of staying healthy this fall season, I have taken one of my favorite recipes and transformed into a healthy weeknight meal. Gluten free lasagna spaghetti squash is a perfect transition into fall. It provides the cozy childhood feeling but still proves to be light on the waistline. This meal is filled with childhood memories of my mom preparing lasagna without all the calories. Welcome fall, a time of change and moving forward. I hope this dish slides onto your fall meal list.
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
The Creation of Gluten Free Lasagna Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the squashes in half, season liberally, and place the squash in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, place the onions, garlic, salt, pepper and ground turkey into a pan. Saute until the turkey is cooked throw.
- Add tomato sauce and reduce heat to low letting the flavors marry together.
- When the squash has cooled enough to handle, take a fork and rake through the squash until just the shell is left. Note: Save the shelf
- Season the squash with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Using the shells, layer the spaghetti squash, meat sauce, and cheese twice over each shell.
- Return to the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!